Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

With Thanksgiving approaching, I decided to revisit my post of a year ago to see where I was and where I am now.

I am thankful for all the 'traditional' things; family, great friends, my health, my job, my dog and cat.

I am deeply grateful to Mother Earth for all She has provided, and to the Universe for the gifts given and lessons taught.

I am still thankful for what I said then. I am grateful for the pain of the divorce, the pain of the Man I Met, the disappointment from the User, for all of these have allowed me to grow and see the strength that I actually have.

I am also thankful for the place where I am for I am further along on my path to me. I have a better rate on my mortgage, so finances will improve. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel growing larger. I am thankful for the financial difficulties for I have learned to do with less. And now that I am a little more comfortable, I don't need to buy what I don't need. I have what I need and I need what I have. Except for a guest bed. But that will come later. And maybe once in a while, I can treat myself to something nice.

I am also thankful for, and overwhelmed by, the success of my novel, Out of the Past. And very thankful for those who have read it and reviewed it.

I am thankful for the sore muscles I have for I have taken back the room in my house, MY HOUSE, that my ex used as his office.
He never finished the room.
I always hated these colors, but the theme was 'fire.' He loved  them!




The color is a smoky gray in keeping with the 'fire'  theme.
I did keep his drapes. Ironically they went with the accent colors I chose.

























Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

5 comments:

  1. Nice work :-) might I add, you're a very handsome man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, your hardwork has paid off in many, many ways. The room is coyjus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll post one more picture when it is finished! I must also thank my friend who came down to help me.

      Delete