Friday, August 31, 2012

Onward and Upward

I've been paying attention to my instincts lately. And it has been paying off.

And, some strange things have been going on in my life and I'm not sure what the Universe has in mind. But, I will be stronger for it.

In the past three weeks, three different people from my past have contacted me from out of nowhere. These are people I haven't heard from in a while, one going back to 2008! With two of them, I had made repeated attempts to maintain contact, maybe too many attempts. Eventually, I decided to write them off.

The third person is in a slightly different category. He is my ex-husband. Because of certain circumstances surrounding our divorce, I cannot be friends with him. Plus, I have found it very difficult to be friends with someone I loved who has gone on to hurt me whether deliberately or not doesn't matter, and the depth to which my ex hurt me has created a wall between us that may never come down. Yet, we share custody of our dog so he must remain in my life. Per our agreement, he is to take our dog one weekend a month. However, he has not been able to live up to our agreement since April. He had seemingly valid reasons each month and I chose not to argue the points, as it would be unfair to my dog to put him in an unfamiliar, uncomfortable and perhaps, dangerous situation. And yet, the ex is ready to take him once again. Were I to deny him after so long, he could haul me into court. Would his arguments stand against mine? Who knows, and I don't have the money to find out. It's best to resume visitations and see what the future holds.

I find the timing of these contacts interesting. I am facing a very difficult month at work, I will soon be working on final preparations for the upcoming release of my first novel, I may be finally closing on a loan to refinance my mortgage. So, my life is moving in a very different direction than the past two years. It will be interesting to see how these new contacts play into my journey.

I am also curious as to why now. Is there some energy I am putting out there into the Universe attracting these people back into my life?

Only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. If you get answers from the universe, it will be really interesting to know. Sometimes it's great to make those connections...but the answers don't always pop up. Hoping you get them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will be interesting to find out if I get those answers. I'm sure if I listen hard enough, I will hear them. There is a reason for these people to be back. I wonder if they will stay, this time.

      Thank you for your comment! :)

      Delete