Saturday, April 16, 2011

Church


I need to go to church.

My church.

Planet Earth is my church. Many years ago I had a vision, not in the 'religious' sense of a saintly figure appearing before me telling me to repent of my sinful ways, but of a spiritual sense leading me to a higher understanding of self.

I told my vision to a Native American man who was working as a psychic in a New Age bookstore and he told me what to do. He felt my vision was old medicine, the ways of his people. I was to go to a quiet place in nature, (I immediately knew the place I wanted) and just sit quietly and meditate and let the spirits come to me and talk to me. Now, before you think I am crazy, it all made perfect sense to me at the time. And it still does. I just need to make more time to go to church.

As a child, I had always felt a deep connection to nature; to the planet and her beauty. On my trip to Alaska, the beauty and sense of connection was overwhelming and I could sense the spirits all around me, particularly my two totems; Bear and Ferret.

They have made their presence known to me since my separation and subsequent divorce. They have lessons for me and I must listen.

I think I'll go to church tomorrow.

The picture is of Denali, (Mt. McKinley) in Denali National Park, taken from Talkeetna, Alaska, with the Talkeetna River in the foreground.

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting indeed. Who would have suspected?? (...)

    When I read the post's title, "church", I immediately thought "Oh, God, a religious post". Thank God it wasn't. (pun intended).

    Now.. what did the spirits tell you, exactly??

    ReplyDelete
  2. They told me it was the right path for me, but the wise man was not the instructor for me to learn the old ways; to be patient and the right instructor would come along. In time, life got in the way and I completely forgot to look for an instructor. Now, with the divorce again, they are back and I am being more observant for someone to show me the ways.

    ReplyDelete